At Stephens IT, we are always on the look out for IT Professionals and welcome speculative CV’s from passionate candidates, that want a career with a forward-thinking, growing IT company.
Stephens IT Solutions are a provider of IT services and solutions to a large range of customers throughout the UK. We partner with business to help design, implement and support a range of IT Solutions to enable our customers to operative more effectively. If your looking to join a modern, forward-thinking technology company, we’d love for you to join us.
- The Role
After organically creating a sustainable business model, we are now seeking a Sales Manager to develop and grow our sales operation within the business and take our products to market.
With organic, year-on-year growth in excess of 100%, we are a fast paced, forward-thinking technology business supporting a varied range of customers. Our ambition is to develop a sales team that will contribute to substantial growth of our client base through new a range of sales acquisition methods.
From FTSE 100 Merchant Banks to sole trader start up businesses, our customer base is very diverse, our services are not suited to a specific market, we offer a range of solutions and services that are adaptive to suit any business, regardless of user count.
The role requires a natural ability to design and deliver a sales process and team that will not only deliver the expectations of the business, but contribute to continued success, growth expansion and achieving organisational targets. As part of the executive team, you will report to the Managing Director, as well as attending management meetings with other senior executives. Experience in developing a sales strategy, implementing and then delivering upon the ambitions set is essential, with experience in IT Sales Management also statutory.
You will be responsible for recruitment of direct report personnel, managing and directing our Marketing team to achieve the required sales output.
We envisage this role as an essential part of our continued success that would suit a candidate looking for a fresh and exciting challenge in a modern technology business.
You will be responsible for performing various duties as and when required, including (but not limited to):
- Develop a business sales strategy and plan that matches the business aims / goals over the next short, medium and long term road map
- Plan and recruit a team of Sales Executives / Business Development Managers who will work to obtain new name customers, aligned to our many service offerings. These employees could naturally move to Account Managers upon meeting the required target earnings
- Plan and develop relationships with our Commercial team to forge relations with external suppliers that can add value to the business sales strategy. (Telemarketing agencies)
- Review, manage and report on team KPIs
- Oversee and guide the business’s marketing team within their strategy, aligning them to support the overall sales strategy
- Support, review and implement a companywide CRM tool with our Commercial team, to aid company pipeline and forecast’s.
- Manage ongoing sales activity through the use of effective pipeline forecasting, organisational mapping, contracts, proposals and legal management.
- Become an integral part of the BID Review process, for new sales activity and high profile tenders, working with key business stakeholders, to drive the best possible solution for the oncoming client whilst upholding and ensuring business continuity is maintained
- Consult with our Pre-Sales team to design, develop and pitch technical solutions for customer opportunities
- Motivating staff and leading the team to achieve sales targets
- Ensuring all administration for sales is completed effectively
- Working with Marketing to follow leads and opportunities to generate sales
- Networking with companies in the industry to showcase our services
- Skills and Experience
We are looking for an energetic key member of our Executive Team who will demonstrate a passion for our business and help us achieve our goal of becoming the IT Provider of choice for our customers in the small / mid-market, whilst also adding significant benefits and services to global organisations.
You should, to be considered for this role:
- Have a deep knowledge of the IT Services industry
- Ideally have a track record of selling Microsoft Licensing, CSP, SPLA modules.
- Experience of selling Connectivity, Colocation and Cloud infrastructures, or at the very minimum a detailed understanding of these services
- Have previously built and managed an inside sales team
- Worked to and exceeded strategy targets that were set to you
- Be prepared to travel
- Be a self-starter with a pro-active approach to opportunities
- Credible track record in IT sales
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from leads / plan to closed won opportunities
- Track record of Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Be a highly motivated person, patient, very people oriented, energetic and have a strong sense of commitment to the MD and the business
- Fully fuelled company vehicle
- Birthday free holiday policy
- Access to corporate benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Performance based bonus (based on targets and earnings)
E-mail your covering letter and CV to HR@stephens-it.com
- Excellent Pensions
- Leading Training Scheme
- Social Events
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Personal Development Plan