Whether you’re looking to virtualise your environment, develop an effective disaster recovery plan, consolidate old servers or simply improve the performance and reliability of your IT infrastructure – the benefits of virtualisation are worth exploring.
At Stephens IT Solutions, we have the expertise to design, implement and support virtualisation projects for you.
Top 5 reasons for Virtualisation:
- Server consolidation: By collapsing physical servers into virtual servers, your company will reap the benefits of tremendous savings in power and cooling costs. Additionally, you’ll be able to reduce the data centre footprint which can include diesel generator costs, UPS costs, network switch costs, rack space and floor space.
- Stop server sprawl: Before server virtualisation, admins were forced to over-provision servers to ensure that they would meet user demand. With server virtualisation, there is no more over-provisioning as you’ll be able to perfectly size every virtual machine.
- Do more with less: With a lagging economy, IT departments and admins are forced to do more with less. Server virtualisation makes this easier to handle.
- Cost savings: Not only will your company save on physical server hardware, power and cooling of the servers that were consolidated, it will also save on the time it used to take to administer physical servers. End-users will be more productive thanks to less downtime.
- Moving running virtual machines: One of the more powerful features of server virtualisation is the ability to move a running virtual machine from one host to another with no downtime. VMware’s vMotion software can do this and much more for you.