We offer a fully managed decommission and recommission service, whether you’re moving a department across the office or relocating to a completely new location.
A typical decommission process:
- Audit of current desk setup
- All cables are disconnected from the screen
- Screens are removed from monitor arms or left on generic stands
- Screens are wrapped and placed carefully into a crate
- Power cables, mice & keyboards are unplugged from CPU or docking stations
- Monitor cables are wrapped around the unit and placed into a crate
- Cables are labelled with the correct user and new location and loaded onto the vehicle for transport (if moving across locations)
A typical recommission process:
After all crates are transported successfully, our IT team can begin the recommissioning process at the new location.
- The labelled crates are placed at the correct desk corresponding to the floor plan given to us
- All equipment is unloaded carefully from the crate, ready to be set up
- The desk is set up to the client’s exact requirements – including placement of monitors, CPU or docking stations and telephones
- User’s desk is matched against original audit to ensure ‘like-for-like’ relocation
- Final checks are carried out to ensure that the desk is fully operational
When moving IT equipment from one office to the next, it is imperative that it is set up correctly. We provide a patching service to ensure that all equipment will be fully functional and responsive in time for the end user to start work.
Patching services include:
- Phone patching
- Data point patching
- Server patching
At the end of a move we check that all cables are kept to a neat and professional standard, ensuring the desk is ready for the user. This creates a safe and productive working environment, which in turn boosts employee performance and comfort. Cable management also makes desks easier to clean and maintain, makes the office look less cluttered and helps to meet health and safety legislation.
Solutions are bespoke to each client, and we can provide a range of solutions using:
- Cable socks
- Cable ties
- Cable wrap